Lifeboat from Titanic
Lifeboat to Carpathia
Confidence Level
Cameron, Miss Clear Annie 14
10 5.00
Wallcroft, Miss Ellen 14
10 5.00

Wallcroft, in her April 23rd letter to her hometown newspaper Maidenhead Advertiser April 29th 1912 (reprinted in On Board RMS Titanic page 420), makes it clear she escaped with her friend Clear Cameron:
    “We walked round, thinking there was no hurry when suddenly rockets went up! We then began to realize the danger we were in. Boats were lowered, there was room for two more in boat 14 which I think was the last but three to leave the ship. …..  There were 58 women and children but only about three to row when going down. There was no man in charge and 5th Officer Harold Lowe jumped on our boat and gave the orders. ….. Then Officer Lowe wanted to go back to the rescue, but the women begged him not to go. He got about four boats together and distributed his passengers amongst them as many as he possibly could and then went back to the rescue. I believe they rescued six alive from that raft; the others had all died from exposure, as it was intensely cold.
    The boat I got in was No. 10. …..  My friend, Miss Clear Cameron, took an oar and the sea was getting much rougher and several of the passengers were very sick. By this time the cries of the drowning had ceased and the men rowed as quickly as possible. We wondered if ever we should get to it; our boat had about two feet of water in it, although we bailed out all the time.”

Letter written by Miss Cameron, April 21st 1912 (Titanic Memoirs 1 by George Behe, page 318):
    “So you can guess we were not many minutes before we were on deck fully dressed in the worst clothes we had, never for a second thinking but that we should be back in a few minutes but when we got on the top deck there was no Captain and no First Officer to be seen, just two young officers shouting and giving orders for Women and Children to get into the boats as quickly as they can, all the men stand back which they did without a murmur, poor souls, helping their wives and children and saying, “Goodbye.” Oh, it was dreadful, our boat was full, with only two men in when one of the Officers came along, counted our fifty so jumped in – and thankful we were for as we got down level with the first deck there were a lot of the Immigrant men just ready to spring into our boat, which was already full. The Officer drew his revolver and fired to frighten them and yelled at the same time, “If any one of you men jump into this boat I will shoot you like the dogs that you are so stand back,” and they did and down we went a little further and one of the ropes got stuck so that had to be cut and we splashed into the sea alright for a wonder, strange that we were not capsized. ....   Our Officer seemed to be the only one among 7 boats, he kept us together, in fact he tied us together; once he wanted to go back and try to help some of the drowning but we begged and implored him not to as we were full and we should all be drowned, so he didn’t for some time but when the cries were less he collected up and filled the boats full and returned to help if possible and presently came back with four men and one woman he picked up on a raft. Poor things, scarcely any clothes and of course nearly frozen. We rubbed them and wrapped them up as well as we could and then we went on hovering about for seven hours hoping on hope to be picked up by the Olympic.
    I got at the side of the boat and helped with the rowing, which kept me warm but we were standing in 4 inches of water."