||Lifeboat from Titanic
||Lifeboat to Carpathia
|Beauchamp, Mr George William||13||13||5.00|
Testimony of George Beauchamp
700a. (Mr. Raymond Asquith.) And not knowing where to go to, what your boat was, what did you do? Where did you go? - I went aft on to the boat deck, and across to the starboard side, and stood on the deck of the ship by the boat and one foot on the boat and one foot on the lifeboat, like that, and helped the ladies and children in that were there, and the order was given by the officer then, �Lower away the boat, that will do.�
701. Which boat was it? - No. 13.
702. No. 13 on the starboard side? - Yes.
703. Who was looking after that? Was there an officer there looking after it? - On the deck giving orders, yes.
703a. (Mr. Raymond Asquith.) Was there an officer looking after the loading of that boat? - Yes.
704. Who was he, do you know? - No, I could not say who he was.
705. Did he give you any order? - He said, �That will do in that boat. Who can pull oars?� I said, �I can.� He said, �Get into that boat. Lower away. That will do.�
706. How long were you there before the order to lower away was given? - I could not say how long it was.
707. Did you help many people to get into the boat? - Yes. The order was given, �That will do; that is enough for that boat,� and I stepped into the boat and went away with it.